- ISO:9001 quality certified
- Excellent customer service
- Industry experts
Get a free quote
Machine Translation Post-editing Services
Machine Translation (MT) can accelerate your creation of translated materials. But to be sure the resulting text reaches your required standard, you need an expert human eye to examine it and fix any problems. Otherwise, how will you know the quality you require is there? Asian Absolute’s machine translation post-editing services are already used in the UK and around the world. Guaranteeing that when you use MT, you’re getting exactly the standard of translation you need.
Tell us about your goals. Is it for internal use? For training your MT engine? Or for immediate publication?
Rely on MT post-editors who are not only native-speaking in-domain linguists. But who have also been individually trained to make sure they follow best practice for working with MT output. Ensuring they achieve the bespoke level of post-editing (PE) which is right for you.
Why choose Asian Absolute?
You will find it easy to ensure that your MT output is of the correct quality. Your post-editor will always work to your specific objectives. Ensuring that there is never any time – or money – wasted.
You can also call on the expertise you need for the full range of MT-related tasks. Need help from our specialist MT engineers and MT-savvy linguists to perfect your bilingual data before training your engine? Want some professional linguistic feedback on patterns of issues in your output for your engineers to address? Or human evaluation metrics for your MT output quality?
Tell your personal project manager. So that you’re outsourcing where it’s best to do so. And relying on your in-house team for everything else.
- No ties to any one MT engine, ensuring you get independent recommendations and advice
- Ensure precision in your translation via in-domain linguists in fields as diverse as manufacturing. Engineering. Finance. Patents…
- Call on native-speaking translators in over 120 languages so you always get the accuracy and fluency you need
- Find out precisely how much your machine translation post-editing services cost with a clear analysis and quote on your output quality and objectives
- Rely on award-winning project management certified as meeting the industry’s ISO:9001 standard
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
What is Machine Translation Post-Editing?
Machine translation post-editing involves a specialist human translator bringing your MT output up to the standard you need.
Because while MT technology has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years, it still can’t match a human translator when it comes to fluency and precision. You need a human expert to examine your output. Otherwise, these kinds of common machine translation errors may be present:
- Extra or missing words
- Untranslated words
- Inconsistent terminology
- Spelling or grammatical errors
- Replication rather than translation of the source language’s punctuation
What type of post-editing service do I need?
Your objectives will determine the level of PE your content needs:
Light post-editing is not comparable to human translation. It is designed to correct errors in your MT output which would affect meaning or readability. This usually includes the kind of mistakes in the list above. Grammar or spelling, for example. Mistranslations. Or omissions from or additions to the text.
Light editing is most suitable when:
- Your output is not intended for publication
- You only need to get the gist of the source information
- You want the focus to be on editing the most problematic content
Post-editors involved in light editing will try to minimise the time and cost by retaining as much of your raw MT output as possible.
Heavy editing is comparable to human translation but it may be slightly less refined in order to make the most of your MT output.
Heavy editing will be the option you need when:
- You want your style, register and toneof the source language to be preserved
- You have formatting ruleswhich you need applied
- Local standardswill be important to your audience
- You have your own terminology guidelineswhich you need to have followed
How fast can a machine translation post-editor work?
The speed of your PE will be directly linked to the quality of your raw MT output. Edit distance is the term commonly used to describe the amount of editing it takes to bring your output up to the standard which you need.
With Asian Absolute, you will always know precisely how long the process will take. And the exact cost of your MT post-editing. Here’s how you get that information:
Verify your objectives
Regarding the quality you need your final output to possess. Is this data you are going to use for engine training purposes? For internal communications? For immediate publishing?
Check the quality of your data
Investigating the output which your MT engine produces will give us a baseline to work from.
Confirm the time and cost of your work first
By knowing your data’s initial quality and the quality you need it to have, you will receive a clear calculation as to the time and cost of your project.
Get a free quote or learn more 24/7
Talk with an expert in MT post-editing today. Get a free, no-obligation quote. And any more information you might need. Before you confirm that you’re ready for your post-editors to get to work.